So I have been sitting here for hours ruling out every topic for this blog post and I realized that I need to acknowledge this very special day. Today my dear son turns 11 and this is what is consuming my mind right now and keeping me from sharing SocialPR content…..
- I adore him
- We have been through so much together
- He is wise beyond his years
- He is incredibly funny and witty
- I was terrified when I was pregnant between both families lots could have gone wrong and he really did get the best of every person on both sides
- I am in awe of him regularly
- It never ceases to amaze me how he is the same person that grew in my womb
- I struggle with wanting him to grow up so I can know him as an adult and wanting him to always be my little boy
- Did I say he is really funny…..
- Everyone loves him and he has such an affect on people
- He cares deeply
- He is comfortable in his own skin, such a gift, so many people never experience this
- He just does not understand any form of racism, it does not compute for him, I love that
- He has an ease about him that is a joy to watch, one of my favorite things to do is step back and watch him handle himself in all kinds of situations – he usually knows exactly what to do
- He is pure good. I am incredibly lucky to be his mom and so honored to guide and groom him to adulthood
Here are a few of my favorite pictures that show my boy’s special light.
Thanks for celebrating with me! Happy 11th birthday Matthew!
Next week back to regular programming!